Overhead Console

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by DeanKelly, Jul 16, 2012.

  1. DeanKelly

    DeanKelly Member

    Hello all,

    I need some help. I am trying to install the OHC in my ranger from an Explorer. I was at the salvage yard the other day looking for the outside air temp sensor. The part number on the what I found is F0EB- 14A624-A. Let me know if I found the right part. It was mounted on the Explorer next to where the left front fog lamp plugs into the wiring harness.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do not know how to insert a picture. If you can tell me let me know.


  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

    Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

    Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

    Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

  3. OP

    DeanKelly Member

    I have posted some updated photos in my garage of some recent changes.
  4. Pbav8tor

    Pbav8tor Old Fart

    Sounds like the right place. What color wires does it have?
  5. OP

    DeanKelly Member

    There are seven wires going to the connector. The part only uses four of them, GRY/WHT, LT GRN/RED, LT GRN/BLK, PPL/WHT.

    I tired looking up the part number at fordparts.com but could not find it.
  6. OP

    DeanKelly Member

    I think I found the answer, did a search for the part number. Found a post on the ford truck forum, turns out it is the resistor for the DRL. Back to the salvage yard... anyone have a photo and location of the sensor I need?

    elkfever [​IMG]
    New User
    Garage is empty, add now Join Date: Aug 2003
    Posts: 5

    The adaptor is a Ford part. Dale Isley at Tymar mentioned he had the used adapter plug when I ordered a Tymar Intake System for my Powerstroke Diesel. The adapter plugs into the wiring harness in place of the DRL module. You could probably obtain the part directly from Ford for their retail price of $16. Sorry but I do not have a part number, but the adapter plug is stamped FOEB-14A624-A.
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012

Share This Page