opinions needed!

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by ZRanger28, Apr 9, 2012.

1. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

[​IMG]

okay those are my new buckets! awesome i know :)

well anyways.

im gettin black vinyl for my floor. as the carpet it screwed and it be better to just have the vinyl cause i have muddy boots alot!

but anyways. on to the seats

im debating painting them.

should i paint the outer gray part black? or should i do the center part black? my interior is a black and grey theme

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I think you should leave the seats the way they are. Once you put in the vinyl floor they will look even better as is!

4. timbits588

timbits588 New Member

^x2. I think the gray edges of the seat will make a good contrast to the black floor

5. I agree with Clinton. But I don't think it would look too bad like mine are with the grey on the inside and black on the outside perimiter.

6. timbits588

timbits588 New Member

it might look kinda cool to if you were able to shade the middle black so that it would be black but keep the check-board pattern and keep the outside gray.

7. OP
    ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

so all you are saying i should just leave the seats as-is. i can go with that. now do you think i could paint the center console arm rest thing black?

maybe the center console lid black also?

8. OP
    ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

or i could paint the console body black. leave the lid grey, and paint the arm rest black or leave it grey?

9. JJust leave it all the way it is lol You should paint the vinyl grey! :D

10. OP
    ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

i could grey vinyl but i dont like grey!

11. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

don't paint your seats! it typically does not hold up well at all, you'll hate it. if you're gonna paint something, paint your carpet. that works very well and it's way cheaper than a new mat. easy to touch up when it gets dirty too.

12. mfernandes

mfernandes Simply...FORD

stay oem pal, I dont think painting upholstry is a good idea, Im thinking in the finished product and Im not happy. In my opinion, when time passes the paint will fade and will look crap.

Good idea on the vinyl floor... I prefeer the carpet, but if you work on the mud I think is the best you caould do!!!

13. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

I wouldn't paint any fabric or carpet...possibly dye it but it still may fade out over time & with wear.

Some seat covers might be an easier & less expensive alternative if you want to change up the color scheme. They'll help keep your seats in good shape longer & if they get too dirty, just throw 'em in the washer.

14. OP
    ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

well i would use that duplicolor fabric/vinyl dye. iv used it before ad it works great.

i may just do seat covers or something idk. im gettin the vinyl floor no matter what