Open chat thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hooligan, Feb 3, 2011.

1. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

yea i know im gonna take a hit in the MPG dept...but i wanted to try it for a tank to see if the lower cost at fill up is worth it...hell it still cost me 60 bucks

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

How cheap is regulat gas down there?
    Up here 87 is $4.38/gal

4. djfllmn

regular gas is $3.55 a gallon

5. 06FordFX4

damn. nice

6. djfllmn

Was 3.30 just 2 weeks ago

7. 06FordFX4

still not bad lol. was 3.88 here a few weeks ago, then it jumped to 4.38 :(

8. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

i hate when junkyards give you the wrong part. my dad recently bottomed out the saab and broke the air box and ran over the filter. i told him to stop by a junkyard and get the part but they gave him a Subaru part.

9. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

i feel bad if he's trying to find parts for a saab, new or used. not bad cars but parts are like hen's teeth it seems. it's true what they say, they call it a saab because that's what you do when you see the repair bill! :cry:

10. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

Yea I found one on eBay but were looking to trade it in soon. So we want to get this repair done quickly so we can get rid of it. I'm going to do the repair it should just be bolt on and hopefully save us some money.

11. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

12. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

same ole different day hahahahaha

13. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

oh yea hahah. got the ranger back on the road after it dying on me in traffic this morning...

14. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

well my ranger is offficaly going up for sale next week once i get the o2 sensor fixed. hopefully that wont be too much of a pain so i can sell it quickly.

15. 06FordFX4

whats your next vehicle gonna be?

16. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

well it needs to be a 4wd since im going up to michigan. i want it to have better than 15 mpg closer to 20. my favoirte right now is a cherokee sport, but im also looking at frontiers, 2 door blazers, s10s, wranglers, grand cherokee. my budget is 4000 for the new vehicle.

17. 06FordFX4

stay away from s10's
    trust me lol.

20 mpg highway, or combined?
    dont think anything you have mentioned will get a consistent 20 mpg. highway trips maybe, but not combined.

with my 06 ranger i get 17 mpg combined.

18. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

at least 20 highway but the more i like the car the more ill take a hit on mpg. this going to be my college vehicle so i need to have space when driving across the country.

19. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

i get 26 MPG on the highway with my truck :p i know 4.3 powered S10 / blazers get decent fuel economy too, low to mid 20's highway from what i've seen. and blazers are CHEAP around here.

20. 06FordFX4

um, 26 mpg from a 3.0 4x4?

or a different truck....

21. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

yep... that's on the highway though, about 70 MPH. and during the summer. i'm sure the 3.73 gears help alot too, lol.