old lady in the hospital.... again

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by klinger86, Nov 18, 2011.

1. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

little update....

she was up walking last night but not today she was possibly having some side effects from the pain meds and wasnt able to keep anything down..... so back on the iv fluids and switched pain meds.... hope everything gets better tomorrow.... it just really sucks that all i do now is sleep eat run to work and to the hospital.... havent even drove the ranger since thursday evening....

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. I really hope everything turns out alright man. I really do.

4. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

5. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

the pain meds she was on even when she takes them at home she gets sick so i'm thinking that is waht is causing the nausea from where she has been taking them for a couple of days.... got them to switch to a different type of pain med that she has been on before and no major side effects just a migraine every now and then.... and of course a hangover feeling a day or so later....

6. Captured Time

wow i wonder if it was due to the anathesha ( how ever you spell it )

7. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i doubt it she was under friday and it should have hit her saturday or maybe even as late as sunday.... plus here 99% of the time they use the same anestesha(i think is how you spell it) for all surgeries... the only reason they change it is if your allergic to one of the drugs or health reasons prevent them from giving them to you....

8. Captured Time

9. Anesthesia* Jsyk. Looked it up in a dictionary. Anyways, I don't see how that can affect her?

10. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

they had her on percocet not sure of the dose but every time they perscribe them to her they give her percocet 5's and she only takes half a pill and she still gets sick from them.... she's a lite weight when it comes to pain killers....

11. Captured Time

i was am emt put im lost on what maybe going on

12. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i think they were inadvertantly overdosing her on pain meds.... the reason i say this is because of her prior reactions to this medication..... if they were all the symptoms should disappear within 12 hours of them changing her meds....

13. Hmmmm.. Wouldn't be surprised...

14. Captured Time

it is a hospital... then they will tell you that she is a druggy

15. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

true except for the fact that she tells them she doesnt like high powered drugs..... that they make her sick when she takes them and she asks for the stuff most druggies dont ask for like ultram(synthetic and doesnt get you high)

16. Captured Time

well i just dont like hospitals lol

17. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

hell i dont go to the doc unless i have cut something off or i am dying.....

18. Captured Time

same here bro. i better need a emt to take me and it better not be yellow ems

19. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

lol the funny thing is i work with medics and if i feel dehydrated i'll let them start a line on me and i'm golden.... and if we get a run lock it off and go do the run then come back and hook it up....

20. Captured Time

i have done that before

21. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

Well no go on the come home today. The doc seems really hopeful that she will beable to release her tomorrow.

But when I went to see her she was sitting up in her chair and took a shower. And then she walked from her room down the hall to another section of the hospital and the down another hall to the labor and delivery section of the hospital. I'd say she walked around a city block today. Which is well more than she has walked since the surgery.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011