OHC problems...

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Redneck_ranger, May 4, 2012.

1. Okay, so I noticed recently that my temp sensor has been reading 140 constantly on my OHC. It goes back and forth sometimes, bobbling between the current temp and 140, but usually hits 140 and stays. Next, I took a video rather than explaining everything. It's easier. So watch this, and let me know if you're confused on something...

[​IMG]

I'm thinking that it's the plug for the OHC that's shot because I noticed a few of the wires seemed a bit loose... Anyone wanna second that?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Seems like a few problems. Check the ground first, then check the power line, check all your splices and taps. Seems like when you push that lamp button, you are putting pressure on the wires and if they are connected improperly, it will do that basically breaking the line. Being that it is flashing and resetting, then reading such a high temperature its power related, whether its bad connections or a bad plug but you may need another OHC to test it to see which plug is bad of it comes to that.

4. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Okay, looks like I know what my plans are for tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't come to needing another OHC... Thanks Clinton!

5. mfernandes

mfernandes Simply...FORD

Ground, deff check the ground man! Also, where did you "hook up" for the +12V for both, the reading lamps and the display?

6. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

For the lamps I tapped into the dome light. The display, I can't remember where I did that... I know it will turn on when you tap into a power wire, and then you have to hook it to the vehicle speed sensor on the GEM module and send the wires out for the temp sensor, if that helps you at all.