For Sale: Officially For Sale: My Sony Head Unit (ky)

Discussion in 'Ranger Forum Classifieds' started by buggman, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

Officially for sale now, my new/old Sony headunit.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032FOJP2/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00"]LINK to Amazon[/ame]

LINK to Crutchfield

It's a Sony CDX-GT740UI

Flip-Down / Detachable Faceplate, wireless remote control.

Plays CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, WMA, AAC files.
    I've only played a few CD's in it, new pressed CD's as well as mix-CD's I've made, no issues at all. 99.999% of the time I use a microUSB adapter w/ 8gb microSD card. Menus are simple & easy to navigate.

Front + Rear + Subwoofer preamp outputs at 4v (most head units only have 2v pre outs)
    4 Line Full motion fluorescent display, Front panel auxiliary input (3.5mm / 1/8" stereo jack), USB port, iPod control
    Selectable blue/green/red control illumination, Front USB port

Built in equalizer and crossover... tons more features I've never used.
    Has a "staging" control feature that will emulate different listening environments & bring the sound stage up... hard to explain, but it actually sounds like the sounds are higher in the vehicle rather than down in the doors.

I still have the original box & I have all the paperwork for it as well.
    Also comes with wireless remote control!

Here's a LINK to the manual from Crutchfield.

I've had it a little over a year I think. Nothing wrong with it at all, actually it's the best looking & sounding head unit I've ever had... and the first one in a long time that actually has a volume knob.

Just got Hooligan's "old" double din & I've got it installed & running now.

I've never had speakers connected to the built in amp so I can't say how it sounds, I'm running a 4ch amp for mids & a 2ch amp bridged for my sub.

They're $199 new, I'd like to get $125 shipped & insured in the USA (Canada will be a little higher due to shipping :( )

I REALLY hate to let this one go, but I need the money for future mods :thumbup1:

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    buggman

Update Bump

4. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Open to trades?

5. OP
    buggman

Bumper