New to this

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by apharing, May 31, 2012.

1. apharing

apharing New Member

Hi guys, this is my first post on this website. I recently bought my first truck, an 01 Ranger xlt. I want to do some work on it this summer, and teach myself how to work on trucks. I'm looking to put new wheels and tires on it, I think I'm going to go with 15 X 10 rims and 13X12.5 tires. I'm pretty sure I would need to lift the truck a couple of inches to fit them, right? If someone could give me some information on how to go about putting bigger tires on, or what type of lift I should do, that would be great. Thanks - Alex

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

If you mean 33x12.5 then yes. But you can just hop under your truck and crank those t bars!!! Free and up to 2-3 inches of lift!!! Be able to fit 33s but they will rub... 31s are a better decision .

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

^^x2 welcome to the site.

5. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Welcome to the forums. You should go with a set of 31x10.5 R15. You won't need to lift it at all. Then when you feel more comfortable you can drop $150 and do a 3" body lift and put on 33s