new to the forum

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by hdrpman, Jan 9, 2010.

1. hdrpman

hdrpman New Member

Hi im new to the forum because i would like to learn about and get a ranger, i have a 94 bronco with a 5.8l 351 now, the reason im willing to give up all this power is because i cant put my quad in the back. i like rangers and i like how they look on 33s, but i also have a bass boat to tow (tracker pro team 170) the only thing that is holding me back from a ranger is that i dont really have enough money to get one with a 4.0 so i would prolly be getting a 3.0 and i dont no if that has enough power to tow my boat, espessialy with 33s under it.if you no the towing capacity of like a 2000 or 99 ranger please post. if any one has any thoughts or suggestions feel free to post them thanks
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Teamexploder

Teamexploder Explorer Member

I would honestly hold back and wait to get a ranger with the 4.0 and with at least 3.73 gears but preferably 4.10's because then with 33's and towing a boat it would still leave you with some power, the 3.0 isn't great performance and fuel mileage is close on them both.
  4. OP

hdrpman New Member

yea thats what i was thinking. when did they start putting 4.0s in?
  5. Teamexploder

Teamexploder Explorer Member

They started putting 4.0's in around 90 or 91, but 91 and 92's sometimes would develop a cracked head. There's a lot of people out there with well over 200k on their 4.0's