new muffler

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by killroy260, Dec 10, 2009.

1. killroy260

killroy260 New Member

Today I took my 98 ranger 4.0 into a muffler shop for a new muffler. I couldn't stand how quite the thing was with the stock muffler so i had to replace it. I got a cherry bomb glasspack on it. Some people told me that it would sound like a "Fart Cannon" and would be a waste of money. Yes the flowmaster 40 series is a much better option, but for those of us who have a tight budget i am here to say that the cherry bomb is a great value and is a much improvement over the stock sound. As far as performance goes i have not seen much improvement but I am sure there is a little. I want to know what kind of exhaust system you guys have and how well you are satisfied. Also please specify what kind of engine and tranny.

If i can upload videos to post or just put a link to a youtube video i will. Thanks guys and happy trucking.:thumbsup:

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Jelly's Ford

Jelly's Ford Riding High in the Saddle

I got an 01 with a 4.0 SOHC and automatic tranny. I have a delta 40 series flowmaster muffler with a cat back exhaust with dual outputs. Of course it is a V6. You can't make a V6 sound like a V8 but you can make it sound good. And in my opinon the 40 series sounds awesome and throaty when ya get on the gas!