New exaust on an older truck

Discussion in 'Exhaust' started by hueyman19, Nov 27, 2013.

1. hueyman19

hueyman19 New Member

I have a 98 Ranger with 3.0L and the previous owner had the drive shaft fall off and beat the crap out of the exhaust, now it has a straight pipe on it. There is also a 02 ranger as a parts truck in the area, anyone know if the 02 will fit on the 98, trying to save a few bucks.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

It should. If it's not a direct bolt up you can always mod it to fit with an exhaust coupler and exhaust clamps until you can get it welded in.

4. OP
    hueyman19

hueyman19 New Member

well the 02 fell thru, does the original exhaust have a cat on each manifold or two in line, I just want as close to OEM as I can get, thank you

5. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

Should be inline iirc.

6. OP
    hueyman19

hueyman19 New Member