New Black Truckbox

Discussion in 'Ranger Media' started by timbits588, May 11, 2012.

1. OP
    timbits588

timbits588 New Member

ah yeah maybe that's it. i didn't really think of that. do the make ones that work with bedliner?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Any pictures of the process you did ?
    How many coats of the stuff did you apply and if more than one were they lighter coats ?
    Prep is the main thing on DIY Bed Liners and most of them even the spray-ons are rough and hard to clean.
    Compared to the OEM finish, my Line-X Spray in is rough but smoother than most, hard to clean and looks dirty most of the time.
    The bed surface needs to be very rough before applying and then cleaned well, and two coats are better than one.

On the chipping, IMHO, take a look at the chipped area, how are the edges around the chip, still adhered well or do they lift ?
    What is under the area that chipped, does it feel greases/oily ?
    Did you follow the directions, even to the temperature range while installing, every little thing can screw it up.
    Did you wash out the bed before applying ?

Sorry to hear you had problems, especially with DuPli-color.

4. mac_

mac_ New Member

i don't know of an adhesion promoter for bedliner.

it should be stated that the box took some abuse, it isn't like the chips were random. certainly done within temperature range. the process i used was ripped off from a how-to i saw and the guy had good, long lasting reults. used nitrile gloves during, to avoid skin oils too.

1.cleaned with a degreaser
    2.scuffed with some gritty paper (don't remember)
    3.cleaned/ further abraded with ajax
    4.hosed off/ let dry
    5. 2 light coats/1 touch up coat/let dry completely

the area around the chips aren't peeling.