my future house

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 06FordFX4, Mar 15, 2013.

1. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

well, been thinking about what I want my future house to be like, been playing around with google sketchup for years. so I decided to draw up the ideas i had!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thats the exterior, i have the interiors basic layout done, but im to lazy to open the program and get a picture of it lol:thumbsup:

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

no windows or doors, perfect for holding up against zombies :)

4. OP
    06FordFX4

haha nah, just havent gotten that far yet. will be a double wide patio door on the left side of the front, a single door on the right side of the house, and lots of windows.

5. rango88

I like the concept so far :)

6. OP
    06FordFX4

thanks. I'm happy with it so far as well.

small, i think its right around 800 sq. ft. which is exactly what i want.

rectanuglar shape, which means it will be super easy to build, as well as super cheap given its size.

7. rango88

basement? 2 bedrooms?

8. OP
    06FordFX4

will be a crawlspace.
    not a full basement.

1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, not overly fancy at all. real simple, real low key.

9. OP
    06FordFX4

love this program!!
    got some windows and doors in now.
    gonna do some more tomorrow
    once im done the house, maybe ill start trying to do a vehicle.

[​IMG]

10. lil-redranger96

lil-redranger96 muddy girl camo

I love log cabins (thats what that looks like) but I don't like the up keep on them. Very nice though. I'm looking to get a modular built for my 60 acres in Maine. :)

11. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

X2, i've heard they are rough to maintain properly. i'd love to build myself a small cabin very similar to that though, up in the adarondacks or possibly maine. i'd do a steeper pitched roof so there could be a vaulted celing for half of the house and a small loft over the other half, and i would definitly go with board & batton siding

12. rango88

coming along nicely, needs a hot tub for bikini partys though :p

13. OP
    06FordFX4

it will be a typically built house, just with log siding rather than vinyl.
    and a tin roof rather than shingles.
    our current house has some pretty cool siding.

[​IMG]

mine will kinda be like that, but with a wood grain look. and rounded. so maintenance wont be the same as a typical log cabin.

i absolutely love log cabins so my house has to look like one haha.

14. OP
    06FordFX4

haha yea for sure.

15. Diablo

Diablo New Member

be sure to plan for solar panels, even when or if you go to re-sell the home the solar panels bring good $$$$ cheaper to do it at the beginning than to add later. Cause you can already have that sized to the electrical box.

16. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

i've seen that log-look siding on a house before, actually it was next door to where i worked, a tiny 1950's ranch house that had white aluminum siding and a bad roof to start with. i got to watch the people that bought it put the log siding on it and a green tin roof, and a nice big front porch. looked like a totally differant house, they did a fantastic job with it.

17. OP
    06FordFX4

its a possibility. along with a wind turbine. all depends on how far from town i can find land, and how much land it is.

if its just a few miles from town on 10 acres, I wont bother with all that. but if its 10+ miles away, and on a good sized piece of land, 15+ acres ill definitely look into solar and wind power.

18. OP
    06FordFX4

yeah its really awesome stuff! the stuff we have is called "engineered wood" its wood, but its not. hard to explain. but its super easy to work with and cut like wood, but its got the protective properties of vinyl siding. as in moisture, sun etc wont hurt it like it would hurt wood.

19. OP
    06FordFX4

finished the front exterior. all windows and doors.
    might move the window on the right to the other side of the house, havent decided yet.

[​IMG]

20. rango88

I'd keep it there, I think not having a window there might throw off the balance and make the house more dark (depending on what side it's facing)

21. OP
    06FordFX4

yeah, I changed it up a bit. looks way better now. working on the interior.