my brother got a truck!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SalRanger2, Jun 22, 2012.

1. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

my brother just bought his first truck. im so proud :D even though its not a Ranger! after i drove it i liked it alot more. its a 93 yota with 130k and a new clutch. got the ole 22re beast and goes down the road pretty good. mini truckin brothas!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

not bad underneath for around here, just a rust hole that we'll put a new channel in on the frame near the fuel tank thats rotted.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

very nice

4. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

thanks, yea we did a quick shine job on it before the pic, just cleaner wax with an offset buffer and it turned out pretty good. i keep wanting him to mod it lol

5. Freemans 00

o he will I always said I wouldnt that there was no need to since the truck wasnt all that nice now I have 5-6k in mods

6. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

lol i told him this exact same thing today! i also told him to decide lift or lower NOW to save him down the road lol but i think he'll leave it stock height wise. and the 14" tires are like brand new so theyll be on for awhile. but i could see him changing that lol

7. Freemans 00

lol get a few buddies one day and put a 3" lift on while hes at work or something

8. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

lol that would be somethin! lol probly wouldnt be able to get half the bolts loose by the time he got back lol

9. Freemans 00

soak them for like a week then torch and impact should work thats what I might do see if I cant do the lift myself over a weekend

10. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

yea i spose but i did that for my truck when i lowered it and it was still tough, but definitely helped. see a BL on mine would suck because my cab mount bolts and bed framing is just nas-tay

11. Freemans 00

mines not much better lol my front bolt the washer type thing is bent around the bolt and chipping off with rust

12. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

mine is similar lol gotta love salt. my bros truck isnt too bad, it was parked most winters.

13. Freemans 00

mine had to been soaked in salt because it was way worse then it is now you could even ask Pete and Clinton theyd tell you

14. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

i could only imagine. those lucky west coast guys dont know how good theyve got it :D lol

15. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

my god, that's one of the cleanist 'yotas i've ever seen!

there's an almost clone to that truck that runs around here, only tan colored with a tan interior. lil old guy drives around with his blue tick hound in it, lol.

16. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Thats a nice truck man!

17. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

nice truck, now help him make it as awesome as yours.

18. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Lower it for him....you can lower that truck in twenty minutes...by the time you were done he wouldn't even know you were gone. Just crank the torsion bars down and got to advanced auto and pick up a set of 3 inch blocks for 30 bucks...and your done! and with those trucks lowering the torsion bars doesn't really effect caster or camber....unless you take the torsions out completely. I built a couple mini truck in my day...2 nissans, 2 toyota's and 1 mazda.

Stock
    [​IMG]
    lowered the torsions and installed blocks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    torsions out and c notch
    [​IMG]

19. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

yea im pretty surprised with it, around here especially idk if i remember ever seeing one lol. nice! we have a bloodhound actually so she'll fit right in!

thanks he loves it! its funny how stock his is about the same ground clearance as mine lowered lol

thanks man, were brainstorming mods :D

awesome dude, ill run it by him but he really doesnt want to lower for some reason :( i hope i can change his mind because those look nice. what make/year is the last truck?

20. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Holy **** that thing is clean! Nice find. Clean that frame up tho. That's what always goes on them

21. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

thanks! yea he got lucky on it. yea weve got a little repair to do on it too, the bed will be off soon sometime.