MPG ? for lifted Rangers

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by 1freaky1, Dec 26, 2012.

1. 1freaky1

1freaky1 New Member

I was wondering out of those of us that have done the SAS and bigger tires w/ a lift how did it affect your gas mileage?

On mine I was averaging between 18-23 before all the work and now I am getting maybe 10-11. That is with the 4.0, 5spd, D44 & 9" w/ 4:88s , 35s, and about 12"s of total lift. I knew it would go down w/ all the work but I am just curious about everyone else, to see if it is in the average area.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

that's about right i think member hooligan(clinton) is getting somewhere around 10mpg and he has 7 total inches of lift and 35's i believe his gear ratio is 4:10

4. 93 4x4

93 4x4 New Member

hi, I'm new to this form I have about 12" of lift,456 gears and 35s I'm getting 12/14mpg with a 4.0 5spd.
    If I baby the skinny pedal and living in florida helps a little it's flat as a board here.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  5. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

shoot i get 10 mpg with just a body lift and cranked bars and 32's

6. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

^ lol I was getting 12 with stock height and 32's but I ran the piss out of mine

7. bigjoe1094

bigjoe1094 New Member

i get ABOUT 12-14 with 3 inch body and cranked Tbars with 4.10s on 35s

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

With the 35's, double lifted, I am 9" over stock height, 4:10 gears and SCT tuned. I get about 10mpg. Thank god it isnt a DD!!

9. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

oh know clinton you know you want dd's hahahahaha.....

10. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Hells yeah....Singles always on the ready!

11. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

yikes! somethings wrong lol. ease up on the pedal!!

i can get 22 MPG with my tbar crank and 32's!

12. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

there is a lot of codes being thrown recently and i been narrowing them down and taking them out.

13. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

ah ****ty. hope you get it all working right

14. glennk

glennk New Member

ya same here been having issues was gettin 16-20mpg but now having issues im lucky to get 6-8 and its my daily but ill figure it out soon but got other issues as well my tranns is slowly droping revers and my 4x4 is not working properly atm which with this snow we got now realy sucks. lol but ya that sounds about right for ur mpg's