mirrors

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by rangerguy95, Mar 17, 2013.

1. rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

Yes or no to 06+ style mirrors on a 98, I have the dumb little pivot mirrors that get blown around by the wind and want to change them, the full mirrors for my year range look fine and all but I kinda like the look of the boxy ones from the newer year models, feel free to add your input

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

yes yes yes. 06+ mirrors look so damn good

4. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

yes they will fit but the mounting points will need to be modded to make them fit perfectly...

5. OP
    rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

I'm just curious to see how they look with the 98 style, I know it's not too terribly different but I have a keen eye, maybe try to track down pictures

6. OP
    rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

I also don't think there are many 98s with them so I can be a little unique :p

7. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i have seen a couple with them i am even looking for a set for my truck that are electric hahaha looking for the unicorn.... hooligan has them on his 01 and they look pretty kickass.....

8. OP
    rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

Yea I just noticed his truck has them, but he did a front clip mod didn't he, now it just looks like a new model anyway lol, his looks great, I just like my stock grill and all so I'm trying to picture how they would tie together, plus I need to find non electric ones cuz my truck is full manual haha

9. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

he has some pics in his albums of it with his honey comb grille.. and you may wanna pm him he may have a set of them laying around or know where a set of them is...

10. OP
    rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

Alrighty, will do. Thanks for the help

11. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

[​IMG]

found a pic finally.... hahahaha

12. OP
    rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

Those look awesome, definitely just won me over to convert to those haha

13. dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

I have those lousy floppy mirrors on my truck too and have been looking to change them out, still kinda on the edge with the +06 mirrors, what kind of modding is req'd to get them to fit?

14. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

15. dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

Thanks for the link klinger

16. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  17. Belvader

Belvader New Member

18. ChasVS

ChasVS New Member

I've got a driver's Side 06 Mirror with the Paintable panel already modded FOR SALE!

I didn't paint it so it's still the standard Black Plastic.

I ended up going with the textured version on both sides so this one is available.

PM me if interested.