Want to buy: Master Cylinder Cap for 2002 Ford Escape (ky)

Discussion in 'Ranger Forum Classifieds' started by buggman, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

I'm in bad need of the master cylinder cap for my folk's 2002 Ford Escape.

I just need the cap, preferably one that doesn't leak like their current one does. The old one leaks about 1/2 of the fluid out every month now & I'm afraid I'll forget to re-fill it for them, so I gotta find 'em a new cap.

Let me know if you run across one & how much you think it will run.
    Thanks!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

I don't have one but it could be worth it to stop by your local Ford Parts Department to see about the price on it from them, brand new. I'm always surprised at how decently priced alot of the small parts from them are. I'll see what my price is on it and shoot you a PM.

Is it the FoMoCo standard 3-prong Ford cap?

4. OP
    buggman

I believe it's a 3 prong cap. Seems like there should be a better seal on the inside, this one doesn't have an o-ring or anything... I'm thinking that's why it keeps leaking.

I think it's #BRFC-1, at least that's what it said on one website, maybe Oreilly? They had 'em but they were like $25. I'll find a big o-ring & try to seal it up before I spend that much on a cap though :huh:

I appreciate you checking on it for me :thumbsup:

5. OP
    buggman

Well, after exhausting all my junk yard hunters we finally broke down and paid the stealership full price for one... then about a week later we get a recall notice that it has to be replaced along with some other stuff.

Luckily we were refunded for the one we just bought when they installed another brand new one. Kinda wasteful, but they had to replace whatever was on there. Dur!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.