Maintenance Manuals

Discussion in 'Maintenance Shop' started by Jon, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Jon

Jon Administrator

Was looking around for the detailed maintenance manuals on the Ranger but was having trouble finding them. (Like the Chilton or Haynes books). I saw a lot of the F-series manuals, but not for Ranger. Anyone know where these can be found...

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bill

Bill New Member

Check out this site:

www.search.ebscohost.com

USER: greatfalls
    PASS: publiclibrary

Select auto repair, year, model ect..

4. OP
    Jon

Jon Administrator

Thanks Bill!

5. rangerider

rangerider shadetree

Try http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result....edia=&mscsid=2GVN9LFUJRAR9HXM5S5MEBJX2D8P36Q7

Well that is the link I found my manuals for the 97 danger ranger.

6. Uriah_Fire2

Uriah_Fire2 New Member

I actually bought mine at Autozone, however it was a couple of years ago. was only about 10 bucks. It was by Haynes

7. Sgtgoose1

Sgtgoose1 New Member

Jon,

I walked into Barnes & Noble (Well the Wife) she came home with one, my brother has it now . The Chilton's manual. You can also alot of times get them off of either Amazon or eBay pretty cheap. Mine from B&N was $11.95
    a few years ago.

Goose

8. rangerider

rangerider shadetree

www.helminc.com has all the Hayes and Chilton manuals as well as the Ford shop manuals... 45 bucks gets you the Ford shop manuals w/ A LOT more detail then either Hayes or even Chilton.

I plan on keeping the 97 Ranger and the 92 F150 for a long time, which makes the shop manuals well worth the money. heck doing the right side axle shaft on the 97. axle code 91 is 3:27 non-limited slip Dana 35. also step by step plus layout with factory part numbers.

I also have both Hayes and Chilton manuals for both these trucks I got from helminc.

9. EricFi1

EricFi1 New Member

look on ebay, I got a set of factory manuals for $30. you'll never look at a haynes or chiltons again.

10. Pep Boys should have em, A&A around here does, I know Advanced AP does, not sure about Auto Zone though.