Mack :: 2003 Ford Ranger

Discussion in 'Member Garages' started by camodown, Apr 1, 2012.

1. camodown

camodown Member

Mack :: 2003 Ford Ranger (2012-04-01 13:58:50)

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. I wanna see pics of that extended CV. Why did you need to do that? The lift?

4. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Glad your hear buddy !!

5. OP
    camodown

camodown Member

you can't tell a difference. But yes it is for the lift. RCD comes with spacers to help but I got some custom ones that were extended from RazorsEdge. They were from the first RCD lift. I guess they were deciding if they wanted to include extended cv's or not.

6. I guess you need em because of the amount they need to drop down?

7. OP
    camodown

camodown Member

Yeah, I didn't have them or limit straps at first and the first time I flexed I over-extended one. Then I learned about the spacers that were supposed to go on stock CV's

[​IMG]

8. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

One of my favorite trucks. How bad is it if you don't have the spacers? I just bought an rcd and I don't know if I have em or not.

9. OP
    camodown

camodown Member

It will be fine until you try and flex it out. You can call RCD and get them. That is what I did, they are like 10 or 15 bucks a piece I think. I would get limit straps as well to keep from overextending your coilovers.

They look like huge washers that are about 1/4" thick or so

10. wyman00

wyman00 5.0 Ranger driver

Love the truck man!

11. Ouch dude. Bet that went well trying to get back out of there.

12. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Great garage dude!! Friggin killer Ranger!!!!!

13. OP
    camodown

camodown Member

Cv wasn't that big of a deal. Not knowing I had any inner bearing go out kind of put a kink in it since I couldn't get a new axle seal and bearing where I was until a few days later.

14. OP
    camodown

camodown Member

Thanks Clinton. Liking the new front end you put on

15. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Thanks! I really like it too!

16. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Everyone else is askin questions, so I will too! It says hidden snorkel on your list of mods. Where did you put it?
    And also, do you have pics of your rifle carrier?

17. OP
    camodown

camodown Member

I have a valve that I run open and it is just like normal or I close that & just run thru the snorkel that goes into the cowl. Gives me about 14 inches of height.

and no I don't but it just goes across the back of the seats. Attaches at the headrest & then underneath the seat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    painted up
    [​IMG]

18. timbits588

timbits588 New Member

awesome truck! you have some really cool mods done to it too

19. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

That has gotta be the coolest thing Iv ever seen! Is that valve a kit you bought or made it yourself?

20. OP
    camodown

camodown Member

It is called a gate valve. I think it is for fish tanks or something. You have to cut it down to make it flat as possible so it fits and cut a new hole in the air box

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  21. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

I hate you and your damn black/gray '03 buckets. I hate the look of my black/blue '03 LII buckets.