looks like im now getting 50+mpg in a truck

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by hazard-maine, Dec 15, 2011.

1. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

you heard it right peoples im not getting 50+mpg in a truck....well its kinda a truck, few days ago i picked up an 1985 vw mark1 rabbit truck, and im fixing up right now and when i get it on the road ill be getting 50+mpg in a diesel, only bad part is the motor is pushing out only 55hp

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Still, they're great little vehicles for around town. Slap a turbo on that pig and you'll be golden. Post up a couple pic of the truck and engine bay if you could.

4. OP
    hazard-maine

it has a turbo on it anyways not a big one, but it has one

5. Dcrymes99ranger

Dcrymes99ranger Riding low and broke!!!

x2 we want pictures...

6. Brinker88

pics now !

7. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

one of the guys i go out to carlisle with has one of those diesel rabbit pickups. runs it purly on used cooking oil, no mods whatsoever, just a bottle of injector cleaner every couple of months. gotta love zero fuel costs! damn things can haul more than you'd think too, just not very quickly, lol.

8. OP
    hazard-maine

ill get pictures tomorow for everyone

9. don't you know tomorrow never comes LOL

10. OP
    hazard-maine

its gonna need a paint job soon, heres pictures when i picked it up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. OP
    hazard-maine

pictures are up

12. looks in pretty good shape right on!!!

13. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Paint that b****!

14. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

jack it up now

15. OP
    hazard-maine

im gonna work on painting it, and im not jacking it up, im keeping it stock for better mpg, well gonna do 2" pipes for the exhaust for about 10 extra hp and update the intake, everything else will be stock

16. TurdFX4

TurdFX4 Schuylkill Countys Finest

If the motor goes, drop in a TDI out of a jetta

17. Brinker88

For gas milage, you'd be better off dropping in a 427 cobra jet backed by an NP435 with 4.10 gears in the rear :D

18. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

I doubt youll see 50 mpg but 40 is definitly the norm. Me and my grandpa have looked into getting one of these a few times. Theyre sweet!

19. OP
    hazard-maine

oh ill be getting 50+ guy i bought it off had the motor rebuilt to brand new everything 2 months before

20. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

O lol. On second thought, its more than likely lol. All the ones weve been finding have been drove... a lot. 200,000 miles and more