Locked my keys inside my 08 Ranger

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pops R08, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Pops R08

Pops R08 New Member

I got used to dropping my keys in the cup holder when I'm using the Ranger around the house and "bone headed" locked the door with them inside. Ranger is the basic model and has manual door locks. Can I " jimmy" thru the window glass and release or do I just "fess up" and call someone who knows what they're doing.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. dragogt

dragogt New Member

Yes you can, I've used a coat hanger several times on mine.. :doh:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

4. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

take off your antenna, lift your door handle, and fish the antenna through the hole. feel around till you see the lock inside the door jiggle, will tell you where you are in the right spot, then fiddle around and pop it up. stupid easy once you get the hang of it. youtube it, theres a video

for future reference, as i hope you got them out by now lol

5. RangerAl

RangerAl Member

carry a spare key in your wallet.