lift help

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by esimmons, Mar 2, 2011.

1. esimmons

esimmons New Member

hey guys i am trying to help my friend get a lift and as i do know a good bit about trucks, i am a tacoma guy, so i am not sure of the best way to lift a 95 ranger. he wants to go with blocks bc of prices. so i am wondering were i could possibly get a 2" block/spacer lift

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Any blocks will do don't matter what brand, alot of people go with rough country and they seam to hold up well, I have stock lift blocks from ford in my rear.

4. OP
    esimmons

esimmons New Member

and u can lift a front wheel drive 4cyl right?

5. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Front wheel drive? Thats a first, no ranger ever produced has front wheel they are all rear or 4wd

6. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

if you mean a 2wd 4cyl than yes you can lift anything in those years with a simple coil spacer lift.

7. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Spring spacers are about the same price as replacement leveling coils from rough country. Tell them you are a member here and you get 10% off. Coils are $130 (no shipping....10% takes care of that) and blocks are around $45. Dont forget you'll need new u-bolts which are around $30 from rough country. comes with all new washers/nuts as well. They are a good company. I've dealt with them many times.

8. DiabloBlanco

DiabloBlanco Those Damn Kids

Reminds me of that one Craigslist post of a FWD Ranger lol!

9. OP
    esimmons

esimmons New Member

Haha thanks 4 the help ... Yeah I was just going off what my friend said about the front wheel drive. Anyway he will be happy to know that he was wrong about this one !

10. PeterMartin

PeterMartin Guest

Luxury car

did you have any manual which gives you the detail iedas aout how to do it