Knocking in Back Wheels

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by justatruck, Jan 13, 2012.

1. justatruck

justatruck New Member

Just had a wheel bearing fixed when i curb checked pretty bad the other day. Hearing knocking from the back of the truck while turning but none of the whirring typical from wheel bearings. I'd like to know what my problem is or have a better idea so i can tell my dad and possibly fix it myself. Any help is appreciated.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Could have knocked something loose in your brake drums. If you feel like taking the back wheels off, check that out.

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Can we get the truck specs?

5. OP
    justatruck

justatruck New Member

1993 4 cylinder, 5-speed, RWD

6. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Who did the wheel bearings?

7. 01B3000

01B3000 ORIGINAL Portable Seizure

What do you mean by "Fixed"? Were they replaced or repaired?
    Ive never heard of being able to repair wheel bearings, possibly missing a roller in the bearing.

8. OP
    justatruck

justatruck New Member

A local auto repair place did the wheel bearings. They replaced them.

9. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Does it get quiet when you hit the brakes?

10. 00redranger

00redranger New Member

Check your rear differential fluid.

Check the rear tires for any play (jack the truck up and shake tires @ 12/6 and 1/7 o'clock. If they move at all, ie. have play, tell us which way they had play.