Kicker Audio Equipment

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by DangerRanger99, Jan 5, 2012.

1. DangerRanger99

DangerRanger99 who wants a v8?

ive had my kicker subs and amp for a year now and just wanted to post my exp with em...they are great i have my bass all the way up and ive played them for over 5 hours and my amp never overheated or nothing.they never cut out in normal use and always sound crisp and hit hard...my kicker tweeters are also amazing they clear up your stero real well (not so much if you dont have subs), it was well worth the $100 i paid for em...i prev had sony and i blew the subs in 4 mounts and amp would overheat after 6 mounts i dont recomend sony....but for bang for your buck kicker is the way to go :thumbup:

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Thats good stuff man! Any pics of the setup?

4. OP
    DangerRanger99

well its not a real pretty setup lol but here it is

i also got kicker ks68 door speakers, just waitin to get it back from the shop to put em in

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the red sub box under my subs was just to level em out so the wouldnt hit my seats when all the way back

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Wow, thats a big sub box! Very cool man!

6. OP
    DangerRanger99

ya everybody who sees its like dang u got no room now....but a girl i know act folded the seat down and sat there lol....she had her feet over the box but it was still funny to see lol

7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Lol...You should have got pics of that

8. OP
    DangerRanger99

ya lol dnt think bout takin pics of funny stuff till later

9. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I know it all too well...its cool

10. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

Kicker makes good stuff.

I've still got my original (first production run from back in the 90's) 15" round solobaric sub.
    It sounds great at all volume levels & it will break the rear view mirror mount off the windshield.

11. OP
    DangerRanger99

kicker solobarics are sweet....last i looked they ran $250 a peice but one is as loud as 2 comps....but to exp for me lol,but if i had the money id buy 2 of em lol

12. finn611

finn611 happiness is a warm gun

What size amp you runnin?

13. TomN

TomN RANGER!!!

I love my kickers. Also love my Alpines as well.

14. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

Kickers are nice, I currently have a Pioneer, but have had them in the past. They are great for subs, but if we are talking mids/tweeters/etc. I always like to go with Infinity speakers. They have been the best for me IMO. I have a full set up of Pioneer right now, but I do plan on replacing my Pioneer speakers with Infinity.

Nice box set up. Bet that can really put out some low tones.

15. 01B3000

01B3000 ORIGINAL Portable Seizure

I have Kicker Amp/Kicker Sub, Infinity Speakers in the back, stockers up front, and an Alpine headunit. I love my set up. Only brands i really like when it comes to audio. Alpine, Pioneer, sony, Kicker, And Rocksford Fosgate, or however you spell it

16. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

i wish i got kickers instead of kenwoods for my door speakers.i think im going to get some kickers for my back speakers so i get the bass from behind me. one thing i hate about the reg cab is the limited space i have to work with. if i build my own box ill have to get a kicker sub.

17. DrIftKi7Vg

DrIftKi7Vg Sunny Soonkyu

Big ass box! lol. I need to get some tweeters! How are they overall with the whole audio setup?

18. OP
    DangerRanger99

i love it the best thing i bought was the tweeters it cleared up the sound so much....before my base covered up the words but with the tweeters installed it is really clear.

19. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

i just bout a pair of kickers for the back of my cab for a great deal $75 speakers for 50 bucks. ill update this once i get them installed.

20. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

my kickers are awesome they hit hard for just 6x8. better quality then my kenwoods im thinking of moving them to the doors and get a sub and amp.

21. finn611

finn611 happiness is a warm gun

I have kicker 6x8's and i had a 12" L5 with a zx350 amp. Sounded good. Still got the kicker 6x8's, but upgraded the subs to kenwood 12's that my buddy gave me before he left for his tour to south korea for the army