iphone case suggestions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mcdonald58, Oct 20, 2012.

1. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

ill hopefully be getting an iphone 4s next month and am looking at cases now. my phone gets abused. i drop it all the time. im thinking about a lifeproof case or an otterbox. what are peoples experiences with each? the lifeproof is a little bit more expensive but it seems better built and its waterproof. i would get the defender series if i got an otterbox.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i have had the otter box from when i had my 3g to now on my 4 i am roughly 5'8" and i have dropped my 3g several times from my hip and a couple of times from my shoulder and the phone came thru perfectly... the only thing that i would advise you to get would be go to walmart and get a pack of the screen protectors before putting the otter box on put one on the screen i dont know why but most of the time i have found that if this is not done you will have what looks like air bubbles between the otter box and the phone screen...

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Otterbox is the way to go. It may make the phone more bulky, but they protect it very well

5. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

no life proof or whatever is the best its an outerbox but slimmer and water proof. My otter box not even having it on the phone for 4 months and it has ripped. The life prrof cases are $15-20 on ebay.

6. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

i think im going to go with lifeproof. i need a water proof one in case i flip my kayak or get water from rapids in it. i also like how many more layers the lifeproof case has compared to otterbox. and they have replacement parts for the o rings and the headphone plug

7. Freemans 00

either way dont let your phone end up like mine... The first time its out of the case I dropped it and shattered the front screen

8. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

wow that sucks. i dont think ill ever take my phone out of the case. itll be my first smartphone and my first expensive phone.

9. Freemans 00

eh I can get a new one for $100 just a matter of having time to go up and get it

10. doyouquaxu

doyouquaxu FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Lifeproof. Never have to worry unless you shoot it with a gun

11. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

X2!

That's probably the best answer I've ever heard. They should use that on their marketing program lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  12. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

i decided to go with otterbox. it looks like the defender has greater shock protection than lifeproof. which is important to me because i am very clumsy and i drop my phone all the time. i dont like how ill have to get the headphone extension to use my headpones with the lifeproof case.

13. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member