I'm becoming a steppie!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ob269, May 14, 2012.

1. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i raised the cab while my bed was off it will aloow you a little different angle with putting the rear blocks in. instead of having to lay down under the truck you will be able to slide it in from behind(giggity) and line it up alot better.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

glad to hear this!!

4. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

YEEEEEEEEEEAH BUDDY!!!​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. OP
    ob269

ob269 New Member

LOL!!! Alllright =) haha but yeah that's a smarter idea!

Me to my friend, me too!

Nice, the steppie bugg bit you too huh?

6. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

WHAT ! :eek: :eek: :thumbsup: :thumbup:, et to Brute'

Didn’t know you were in the steppie market.
    P.C. will have to make the switch now too.

Why is it that the Rangers have the tilt to the right… what’s up with that ?

And what is up with the rust stripe down tailgate ?

ob269,

Spray the bed/body mounting bolts with a good rust buster at least two or three times before leaving to meet the guy for the swap.
    The bouncing around on the trip will help the spray loosen the rust a little more than just sitting there and waiting and it does take more than a minute for the rust busters to work.

The bed bolts will give you trouble unless you have had them out already.
    Bring a hacksaw and a chisel and a good pair of locking pliers and an extra (or two) of the Torx Bit, get the best one of the Torx Bit you can chances are you wil break at least one.
    If the bolts start to give you trouble, you can remove the steppie sides for a better view, i.e. tail lights, top caps bed sides off.
    While you have the bed off clean up as much as you can and paint with a good rust stopper.

Just thinking from when I did mine and out loud.

luck

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  7. OP
    ob269

ob269 New Member

I've been sprayin them for about a month cause I was plannin on a BL. But yeah I'll get another torx bit too. I'm not goin anywhere, he's meetin me here!

8. Appletonbill

Appletonbill New Member

Why not? They have cookies.

9. OP
    ob269

ob269 New Member

^^ lol I said the same thing :yes:

10. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Good Home Tuff, run in shop get wrenches, that works and allows you time to do it right.
    Good that you were planning the BL, get it all done at the same time.

Cookies are good.

11. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

i'm not big on the stepsides, but a regular cab steppie 4x4 is badass! very cool man.

but i'm not gonna have a twin on here anymore, lol :(

12. timbits588

timbits588 New Member

my first truck was a manual '98 reg. cab flareside. i loved that thing
    [​IMG]

13. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

LOL no. Sorry to disappoint. My little brother also has a Ranger but his is slammed on Cobra brakes. He found a cheap steppie on craigslist about 3 hours north and my truck was what we used to pick up his project bed. He was at college about 2 hours south at the time and my truck was available for immediate bed removal. lol.

I plan to build a slammed steppie project someday...Autumn Amber Metallic paint, 04+ front end, 2.3T or built 4.0 OHV, etc/blahblahblah.

I do kinda like it on my big truck though...

LOL! See my above reply.

But about the lean and the tailgate rust stripe. Look a lil closer there on the tush shot, old man....

It's a styleside gate cut up to fit a flareside. It was hacked up much like the bed was. The gate just didn't fit right. And my truck doesn't lean anywhere at anytime. Pics are from like Summer '09. lol. But we do have two good flareside tailgates for it now and the plastic w/ half inch thick bondo "roll pan" has been removed.

14. OP
    ob269

ob269 New Member

Well I did the 01-03 conversion a couple months ago so by th ose standards I'm not your twin anymore either =(

15. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

nice find :)

16. OP
    ob269

ob269 New Member

Thanks Andy!
    I'm gonna do some rust treatment while the beds off too..

17. OP
    ob269

ob269 New Member

^^ nice lookin steppie up there too Tim!!

18. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Didn't notice the off set handle.