I need help with my 97 ford ranger please??

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by Bryan w, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Bryan w

Bryan w New Member

I need help anyone??

Ok so i uave a 1997 ford ranger 2.3 liter 4 cylinder 5 speed and i have a p0340 cam position code that will not go away i put a new cam position sensor in check engine came right back on i tested the sensor it was good i changed timing belt and put new spark plugs in code will not go away and truck still idles ruff we tested everything any help can anyone figure this out for me??

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. DeanMk

DeanMk Member

Did you check the wiring for the plug that plugs into the sensor?
    Could have a broken wire someplace in the line.

OldTimer and Bryan w like this.
  4. OP
    Bryan w

Bryan w New Member

I guess i have to check that next thank you.

5. DeanMk

DeanMk Member

You're welcome.

6. RiotRanger

RiotRanger New Member

Check your PCM fuse. had this happen to me, replaced my fuel pump, coil pack and injectors. went through my fuses replaced it fired right up.

DeanMk likes this.