How To: Remove and paint door handle bezels - Discussion thread

Discussion in 'How-To Submissions' started by Redneck_ranger, Feb 5, 2012.

1. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the first 2 are failed attempts to paint the dash silver and the last 2 or 3 are what it looks like today.... except the door bezels are a lil different.... and here's my stang dome.....

[​IMG]

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I was just gonna suggest that Klinger should show off his interior too... lol Way to read my mind man!

4. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

lol gonna change it soon though to color match it to my exterior..... just gotta wait til it gets warmer..... and i gotta get some more supplies.... i.e. clear and reducer....

5. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

lol cool is that the same color as my truck? (bright Atlantic blue metallic)

6. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

actually it's called metallic sapphire blue.... which may be a close match to your truck color.... on mine it's to dark.... it's like 4-5 coats of paint(brushed on) and 3-5 coats clear.....

7. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

ok i see, that must have taken a while! nice work!

yea idk if i want to do blue as much as id thought, probly go back to doing dark silver if i do

8. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i actually started out with the radio bezel and the door bezel and the vents ontop of the dash.... then moved onto the dash bezel..... and then expanded on from there.... lol i just couldnt stop.... all in all i have had the truck for about 5 years and keep changing my mind on when to stop.... lol

9. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

lol i hear ya on that man, i can never make up my mind!

10. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

yeah i thought i was almost done with it and now i have decided to color match it to my truck.... lol and then gotta get the headliner redone and the back 3 pieces..... and then i'm done......

11. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

...or so you think lol