How-To: Install HID/Halo Ring Fog Lights

Discussion in 'How-To' started by Pbav8tor, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

This How-To install a generic HID/Halo Ring fog lights. The first thing you will notice is that there are no Instructions. This really isn't a problem because there are only 2 connections you need to make.

[​IMG]

The first thing you need to do is make a bracket to hold the fog light. I made mine from a 8x12 inch galvanized shingle, light but strong, easy to cut and bend. I used the OEM fog light as a template. I made it big enough to cover the opening on the valance and then made 3 tabs for the bolts. The tabs will be bent down and then out like a modified Z with 2 right angles. The other 2 tabs are for attaching the mounting bracket on the fog light to. And then I painted it to match the valance.

[​IMG]

Also, cut the center opening in the bracket before painting. The opening should be an 1/8 inch smaller than the fog light shroud. I then mounted the fog light to the backet. I then hooked up the inverter and the ballast for a test.

[​IMG]

Once you get them mounted make sure that they are centered. Now we can wire them up. I try to never cut plugs off, you may want to convert back someday. So I tape a small baggie over the plug and tap the ballast to the wires. The inverter I tapped into the parking light wires.

[​IMG]

The pic above shows Halos On daylight. Notice the difference between the headlight Halos and the fog light Halo? I will be changing those to CCFL soon.

[​IMG]

Just Halos on at night.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.