How to: Clean up white tire lettering

Discussion in 'How-To Submissions' started by Achromious, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Achromious

Achromious New Member

I know this isn't a really amazing how to but i just learned and it helped me a lot.

All you need to get your lettering looking nice and pearly white are some Brillo pads (probably 5 or 6)

Grab those and a hose and keeping everything wet just scrub away for a while and all the grease and grime will come right off.

I didn't take any pictures before cause I wasn't thinking about it but here's what the lettering looked like after about 3 minutes (per tire).
    View attachment 516
    I hope this helps!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. I usually use a stiff-bristled scrubbing brush and some dishwashing liquid. That works as well. Never thought about using brillo pads though. Cool beans man

4. OP
    Achromious

Achromious New Member

Yeah that sounds good too. Brillo was just nice and easy cause even if I'd though of it I dont think I have a brush haha and a whole box of those Brillo's is like 2 bucks

5. Yeah haha. They are pretty cheap lol

6. OP
    Achromious

Achromious New Member

Also cleaned up my tow hitch pretty nice haha

7. Lmao. They're like the Shamwow!

8. OP
    Achromious

Achromious New Member

Minus the infomercials haha

9. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

nice tip man.. i always just put black out so never need to clean em up lol

10. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Another thing that works really well is WD-40 and a rag. simply spray it on the white and wipe with rag.. Effortless...

11. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Thanks for the awesome tips guys