How Often Do You Change Your Oil?

Discussion in 'Maintenance Shop' started by Nathan, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Nathan

Nathan Administrator Staff Member

I've always been a believer in changing your oil every three thousand miles but lately I've started to stretch things. How often do you change your oil?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Ham-Bone

Ham-Bone New Member

suppose to every 5000km but doesn't always happen i knwo guys that change their oil once a year "whether it need it or not" as one of the old guys say that does this

4. OP
    Nathan

Nathan Administrator Staff Member

I'm leaning more towards 5K miles as well. Hopefully I don't live to regret it.

5. Ham-Bone

Ham-Bone New Member

shouldn't hurt it unless it is burning a bit then just make sure you keep an eye on it and add what ever it needs .. would recommend changing it when ever you get a chance or can afored it cause its a lot safer and cheaper to just change it then replaceing the motor

6. Bill

Bill New Member

Change mine according to mfg's specs. 5K interval. 183K and counting. 2002, 4.2L F150. 5w-20 oil.

7. Tonya Gilmore

Tonya Gilmore New Member

I change mine every 5000 too

8. nodos

nodos New Member

nodos

every 5000k as per mfg. my ranger is 4.0l 225,000kms or 190,000 miles, never opened or touched engine, use a quility filter, have seen cheap filter come apart with paper floating in canister.