how much lift to fit 33's???

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by ZRanger28, Feb 24, 2012.

1. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

guess there is a guy selling 33's on craigslist and i wanna know how much lift i need to run 33's on my truck?

they are 305/55/20's and i wanna put them on my truck just fir ****s and giggles.

i read that i can fit them with the 2" suspension lift i have now.

what u guys think???

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

pic of ur truck now? from the side please

4. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Eh itd be close. I heard you gotta run a 3" lift and even then 33s are close but im no expert

5. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

not true on old ranger really it just depends

6. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

You wont fit them on there without horrible rubbing issues. Garunteed. 31's with a 2 inch lift max.

7. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

You can do a 3 inch body lift , or a 2 inch -4 inch suspension , depends if you wheel it .. If you take it off road do 3-4 inches min

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

x2...do it!!!!

9. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

I think you'd be ok, they'd most likely rub a decent amount, but who cares. you'll look awesome!

10. Body lift or bust!

11. OP
    ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

**** body lifts, ill get the 4 in roughcountry lift

12. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Dont trust rough country brackets if you're going to be doing ANY offroading. I cant say anything bad for them other than the brackets have a tendancy to poke a hole in the front diff.

13. OP
    ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

im not crazy off road, i use my truck as my work truck out on the farm, iff all else ill get the sky jacker radious arms, or save for the skyjacker lift

14. lrwfx4

lrwfx4 New Member

Before I did the 3"BL I did shackles and t-bar crank and I ran 33x12.50 15 on my truck. It only rubed at full lock.