Help me!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cookiemonster, May 7, 2012.

1. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Gonna be doing my body lift soon. but i don't have the bolts for it. Does anyone know the length of 3 in body lift bolts. Or even the length of a stock bolt so i can go pick some up for my body lift!!!!

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. remove a stock bolt and add 3 inches to it, that would be my guess

4. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

actually he would have to remove 2 bolts to get the correct size.... you can remove them both from the bed... you need to remove one from the front of the bed and another from the back of the bed.... the ones at the front of the bed are a couple of inches longer than the rest due to the frame dipping down around the cab area....

5. :eek:fftopic: Did you buy your kit used?

Back on, look on Summit's site, they may have the bolt kit for it. Also, do you have the bumper relocation brackets?

6. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Don't need a place to buy them...or bumper brackets....i just need the length of a stock bolt or 3 in bl bolt

7. If mine came out I'd measure it for ya lol But they're seized up pretty well.

8. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

ford would have the stock bolts im guessing and could look them up and give you specs

9. ob269

ob269 New Member

If you don't have an answer by the time I'm done workin around 230 I'll measure mine since I didn't install it yet..

10. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Awesome thank you!

11. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

thats y i didn't take one of mine out cuz i know there gonna break....then im gonna have a broken bolt for 2 weeks until i put the lift on!

12. ob269

ob269 New Member

My measurements do not include the heads as I figure that does not matter in this situation.
    All 6 of my bed bolts are all the same size, 7" long
    The two for the rad. core at 7 3/4" long
    The two front cab mount bolts are 5 1/2" long
    The two rear cab mount bolts are 6 1/4" long

Now the kit came with 2 extra nylon cups(idk if that's the right word but the 3" lift pieces) and two extra bolts that Zach(who I bought mine from) said he did not need, and he also had a 4th gen(as I do) but you may need them for your 3rd gen.

The two bolts are also 7" like the bed bolts..

Hope I helped =)

13. OP
    cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Thank you...thats what i needed!

14. ob269

ob269 New Member

You're welcome man. All the bolts look to be 1/2" diameter(measuring by lookin w a tape, not using outside calipers to get exact measurements)

15. Sounds like you got the kit for the supercabs

16. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

OP....keep in mind, your truck has a completely different front frame and rear frame than a 98+ truck. Be aware some bolts could be incorrect for your application. I assume all should be the same but the possibility of the core support bolts....but I've no experience with BLing a Gen3.

Do yourself a favor and google the PA instructions for your truck's bodylift kit. It'll have a parts list with all hardware listed right in front of you.

Also.......THEYRE NOT STANDARD!!!!!! They're metric. M12x1.50 is the thread size. The lengths are obviously also metric.

Reg cab and Xcab have the same number of body and bed bolts. The only one that has a different number of bolts is a Long Bed(2 added bed bolts) and '09+ shortbeds(4 added bed bolts).

17. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member