heater issues

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by lowfly, Dec 10, 2009.

1. lowfly

lowfly New Member

I have searched for this question but cannot find it anywhere. My issue is strange so i thought i would post it hoping for some help. I have a 1998 Ranger 2WD, 3.0 Liter with a 5 speed manual. It has been below freezing here in Missouri and this morning when i started the truck to warm it up everything was fine. The temp came up normally and the heater blew hot air as it has always done. As i was driving it however the temp started to rise. I turned off the heater and the temp dropped down to normal. When i turned the heater back on the temp started to rise again. It also rises when i climb a hill. What gives?? The water pump and thermostat are brand new with less than 1000 miles on them and as far as i can tell the radiator is full. Any suggestions would be helpful.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. snooderlowrider

snooderlowrider Wreck Choppin Customs

might help

have you flushed the whole system, sounds like you might have a clog