hate people

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by hazard-maine, Dec 5, 2011.

1. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

so went out to my truck to grab something this morning and found this huge deep gash in the hood, all the way down to the metal. it was never there before so someone had to do it, i will get pictures up later

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

That's f'd up! I don't know what I would do if that happened to me. Got any pics?

4. OP
    hazard-maine

ill go get some right now

5. Dude! That's why I keep a loaded shotgun by my bedroom door... That blows man. Any ideas of who it might be?

6. OP
    hazard-maine

7. Jeez man, the way you were making it seem, I thought it was the whole length of the hood. That's nothing a little rubbing compound and touch up pain't can't repair decently.

8. OP
    hazard-maine

its deep in there touch up paint wont do anything

9. You'd be surprised man.
    [​IMG]
    Before ^
    [​IMG]
    After ^

It would still look a lot better than if you just left it alone.

10. Hurley

It doesn't look like it can be buffed out

11. Not entirely, obviously. But with the combination of that and touch up paint, it will at least blend in a lot better than just having a huge white scratch running down your hood.

12. Hurley

It's worth a shot

13. Yeah lol Either way, it would have to be sanded down and repainted, which will cost a few pretty pennies if you don't know anybody.

14. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

go get some spot putty and you can smooth it back out and then hit it with the touch up paint.....

15. OP
    hazard-maine

well i do have a 20lb air compressor with a paint gun, so i can repaint the whole thing

16. Ain't worth going through all that truouble man. Do what Klinger suggested. Spot putty it, smooth it, and paint it. Cheapest and easiest way.

17. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i'd say for about 15 bucks you could have it like new again.....

18. Depends on how much the paint is... I paid $9 for the little bottle of touch up I got. But it was worth it in the end because I had enough to do my entire bed and tailgate. Well, the scratches at least lol

19. OP
    hazard-maine

yes but to repaint my truck is a good practice peice to work on, because i want to get into painting

20. if you do the touch up paint route, you should put a clear coat over that to make it look better than just the pen touch up paint, they make clearc oat in the pen too.

Sorry someone gottcha that does suck

21. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Dont get me wrong, but isnt that a powerdome hood? That should be fiberglass...

I know around here, O'reillys will match ANY factory paint color and fill spray cans for you for around $15. It would pay for you to mask off that area, fill it in w/ bondo and go to town with the spray can. Dont forget to clear coat it then.

Spraying it on ^ like this ^ looks a LOT better than with those pens...I hate those things.