Got me some headers!

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by pooleo, Apr 4, 2012.

1. pooleo

pooleo New Member

Won this auction the other day. It was a straight impulse buy :thumbdown::thumbup1:

I put a bid for $70, figure $100 total would be ok, well, I bid snipped it with 4 seconds left and got it for $51! $81 total for JBA SS headers!

So basically, I think deep down inside I miss big blue :( And seems how I put a 98 front end on it, and now I have a 99, its kinda like having her back. Going for the same exhaust setup as I had on my 97. Possibly will do a 3" BL but thats it. 9" is to much.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120884881984?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Dude you stole those! And you'll love them btw.

4. OP
    pooleo

pooleo New Member

I hope so! I had headman headers on my 97....took a vow I would never buy steel headers again! lol

5. OP
    pooleo

pooleo New Member

I think that dude was nuts not to have a reserve! These guys are not cheap by any means to buy them new!

6. Brinker88

Yea how bout it. And I havent had any bad luck come from my Hedmans. Had them for over 2 years now and they arent rusting or anything. I coated them with that ceramic spray paint for headers from VHT.

7. OP
    pooleo

pooleo New Member

I didnt put anything on mine, just bolted them on :D

I think it'll be a little tougher tho, my 97 was BL'ed so had great access into the side....

8. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

that just means you need a bl

9. Brinker88

Its gonna be a PITA Pooleo. Thank goodness I had the heads off the vehicle when I did my headers. Hell the manifolds were already removed as well :D

10. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

HOLY SMOKES....HELL of a deal!!

I had a hell of a time on the driver side of mine. Granted I've got a camshaft in each head, but them brake lines sure made me mad. haha.

11. OP
    pooleo

pooleo New Member

well, If I have to unbolt the body and raise it, so be it. :D

Or, I may just wait until I decide if I want to BL or not, then put them on.

12. OP
    pooleo

pooleo New Member