gears

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by greenmachine2000, Jan 20, 2012.

1. greenmachine2000

greenmachine2000 New Member

when do you put your truck in 1 or 2 i see them sitting there after drive just never knew when to use them.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. When I hit the mud, pulling someone out, flat towing a car/truck, or stump pulling is when I use first. Second, I sometimes cruise around town in because my truck then has the backpressure pop when I let off the gas lol

4. OP
    greenmachine2000

i was thinking about messing with them in snow see what they do lol

5. First gear will just make you lose your ass end too quick.

6. OP
    greenmachine2000

Text me man getting off here

7. doyouquaxu

doyouquaxu FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

1 = first gear
    2 = second gear

putting it in 1 will leave you in first gear, and the trans will not shift. 2 means truck will only be in 2nd gear.

i use the gears when towing, pulling, off road, or going down mountain passes when my bed is full of crap

8. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

This and when in snow start off in 1st until you get going then shift to 2nd til about 10 to 15 then shift to D and when you slow down get to about 10 to 15 and shift into 2nd and then when u get to about 3 mph shift into 1st. Then start the process all over again.