Gear Ratios

Discussion in 'Drivetrain Tech' started by JonFrey12, Jun 12, 2011.

1. OP
    JonFrey12

JonFrey12 New Member

True that. I usually average about 19 with mixed city/highway driving, but I've found that fuel additives increase gas mileage and only cost about $3 per tank. I ran a tank on that stuff all freeway doin 70 mph with the A/C goin and got 23 mpg. I was pretty happy about that :)

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. richard b goodwin

richard b goodwin New Member

man - you ain't kiddin about the crazy low gearing. !
    the frame broke in half on my 98 4.0 4x4 XLT, So i was shoppin around and found an 89 2.9 5spd 4X4 in unbelievable condition - not a spot of rust on it.
    So ...........as is my way, w/o given it any real thought, yup I bought it immediately. Nice enough little truck but the gearing is beyond stupid. I can easily shift into OD at 40 f'n mph - that is just insane. Other then that, I really kinda dig it, tho it's worlds away from my 98
    that's all I got
    I'm hoping somebody has a cure w/o spend 10 million bux
    woooooooooooooooooo