fuel pump

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by 1998 ranger, Sep 12, 2011.

1. 1998 ranger

1998 ranger New Member

what would be the easiest way to get to the fuel pump,? drop the tank or take the bed off?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

depending on how rusty everything is.... either way it should be easier to pull the bed up... take the bedbolts out on the drivers side loosen them up just about all the way on the passenger side and prop the drivers side of the bed up... if you have someone who can help you completely pull the bed go ahead and do that....

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Pull the bed, then you can clean things up and maybe POR15 the frame while you're there

5. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

When you have the bed off you can replace any rusted hardware before it gets to bad. When I did my shocks, I had to cut them out because it was so bad.