Front End Conversion?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Codyhurly64, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Codyhurly64

Codyhurly64 New Member

I am interested in doing a front end conversion to my 98 XLT. I was looking mostly to do the grill but I'm not sure what else it involves or what else I could do...Is it just bolt on? what year grills will work? Thanks for any help!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

you'll need the header panel, lights and grille to do an '01-03 grille. you'll need a hood too if you do an '04-'05, '06+ front end.

4. 360Ranger

360Ranger USAF Veteran

98-00 grills interchange, 93-97 you would need radiator support, everythin that bolts to it, alter bumper brackets, bumper, and as stated above on the 01ups.

5. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

If you want to do the 01-03 conversion I did a how to on it when I did mine. It will take about 1-2 hours to do the swap after you have everything that you will need. If you are just swapping one of the grilles for the 98-00 it's a few bolts to pull the old one off and put the new one on.

6. OP
    Codyhurly64

Codyhurly64 New Member

So I have a 98...If I want to put a grill out of a 2003 on mine...what does it all involve? just bolt on the 03 grill?

7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

You will need the header panel, grille, headlights and corners for it to be right