First Time Home Buyer: Any Advise?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by El Camino Man, Mar 12, 2012.

1. OP
    El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Ok. Im planned on buying new so I shouldnt have to worry about looking for bad spots.

I talked to the bank a while back before I even looked at any house and they said they do 30% down :eek: On a $50,000 house, thats 15 grand! Who has that kind of money just layin around?! But they said they could give me a better deal and do 20% :rolleyes: which is still $10 grand.... New bank? I think so...

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

thats any bank dude...you usually need about 20-30% to put down on a house...save up lol

4. now if you go to homepath.com you can get in a home for as little as 3% down
    these are not mobile homes. might want to check that out too, but again you need to secure financing first,get pre qualified

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
  5. hazardousranger

hazardousranger New Member

my advice is spell advice right before you buy a home :)

6. OP
    El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

I advise you to spell advice right! Lol. Im usuli purdy gewd wit spealin stuf rite!

7. Franchi Motorsports

Franchi Motorsports Ranger Forum Vendor

3% to 5% is typical of normal downpayment required on a house. Dunno if it's different for mobile homes. Also check Credit Unions, they have different bylaws then normal banks as well.