Favorite wiper blades?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shawn, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

What's the best wiper blade you've found? Summer? Winter? All season?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

PIAA Super Silicone blades. Not cheap, about $20-22 a blade, but work amazing and are very long lasting. My first set of them lasted 3 years And my second set lasted 3 years as well.

http://www.piaa.com/store/c/28-Wiper-Blades.aspx

I'll never run a Bosch blade again (Icon, or Excel). They didn't last and were crazy expensive. I'll also never run a Goodyear Assurance blade either. Currently running them 'cause I was cheap and it's a very noisy blade and the added wind resistance causes them to flutter at highway speeds when "off".

4. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

5. himecraig

himecraig New Member

Those Goodyear one piece silicone blades from Costco...12bucks lasts ok no squeak no streak

6. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

I like the Michelin from Walmart and other various places. They are basically just rubber blades with a place to attach them to the wiper arm. Since they have no metal on them they don't really stick to the windshield during winter and are probably the best blades I have ever used. They aren't that expensive either.

7. OP
    Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

That's what started this. I saw the Michelins at WalMart and wondered if they are any good..

8. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

They hold up well. I don't recall ever having problems with them. They are like super squeeges lol.

9. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

A little lateā€¦

Rain-X or Trico (spelling) make single beam, silicone wipers.

My last set of Trico lasted three years and my new set wipe incredible.

I would say that if you purchase any single beam type wiper made from a silicone based material they should work better than any of the other type of wipers.

post what you did or what you do !