Explorer Center Console

Discussion in 'Interior' started by DPG3, May 7, 2012.

1. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

And I thought I answered him... All mechanisms swap over.

There are holes on BOTH sides to allow ALL rods and levers to fit either seat.

How much easier can it be put.

One of Ford's better ideas to use one seat in both location.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

I dont see how itll work. The seat belt will be backwards too and theres NOT a hole for that on the other side. I understand if you turn the track around, itll put the forward/backward handle on the right side but youd have to get into the guts to fix the recliner part. I cant tell if theres a hole in the side for that without taking out my seat

4. OP
    DPG3

DPG3 Member

ok then. thanks. i guess ill check out other rangers. itll b a pain to find the same color im assuming. kinda a shot in the dark. i guess i have to dedicate a full day of working on the truck so i can drive it around the next morning.

5. El Camino Man

What color is it? If youve got the black/grey ones, I think those are the most common. Create a signature and give some info on your truck lol

6. OP
    DPG3

DPG3 Member

yeah its the dark color. grey. i like it but it just heats up super fast if left out in the sun.

7. El Camino Man

They make cloth buckets with blue instead of grey. Theyre pretty sharp. Theres a set on ebay right now for $350

8. OP
    DPG3

DPG3 Member

i have no cash to even get into the jy. imma try and save up for this. and i want to keep the interior the stock color or close unless im going to change all of it. i want it to stay looking smooth. are all ranger seats interchangeable?

9. El Camino Man

I believe so for the most part except the oldie 1st gens

10. OP
    DPG3

DPG3 Member

ok cool. so what year explorer? any 1995 to 2005?

11. Dcrymes99ranger

Dcrymes99ranger Riding low and broke!!!

Seats are hard to find for single cabs. I am in the same boat. I am going to cut off the extra seat and get it recovered soon. I am gonna throw a shorty expo console in mine. The reason we can't fit the expo seats in single cab rangers is because the seat tracks in the ext cab rangers are longer than the single cab rangers. Hince why the expo seats won't fit in the single cab rangers. Has it been done before? Yes but it would take fab skills and time. There is a guy who is the master at seats named troy hes on the other ranger forum I'll get his screen name later. He does upholstery work for a living and is a master at it.

12. OP
    DPG3

DPG3 Member

i dont have much money to work with. i can cut it out and do some ghetto stitching. so its easier to cut it or just buy a new one. im confused.

13. Dcrymes99ranger

Dcrymes99ranger Riding low and broke!!!

Easier to cut it.

14. OP
    DPG3

DPG3 Member

what year explorer would be best to take the console out of?

15. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

DPG3,

How did this go ?

Update please ?

16. OP
    DPG3

DPG3 Member

i havent done it. i was working then got fired and didnt have the money to spend. im waiting till i get a solid job before i get into anymore upgrading my truck.

17. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

OK on that sorry about the job.

18. OP
    DPG3

DPG3 Member

thanks, no worries, i found one but idk if it will be temporary or permanent

19. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

On the 60/40 seat, mine just unbolted.

I don’t know if yours will but check it out first.
    If it unbolts or even if you cut the frame off a OEM Bucket Seat Botton might slide on in place of the 60/40 one. Maybe some cutting of the foam but again check it out first.

luck