Edelbrock IAS Shocks

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by Nitrofan1, May 23, 2009.

1. Nitrofan1

Nitrofan1 New Member

Been wanting these for a while but price was the major issue. I've put off installing shocks for way too long. I happened to go to Edelbrock's web site and found they have an online store and it takes PayPal! Well, they have their IAS shocks super cheap now! Got them for $31.99 each with free ship! Got them installed and let me tell you. These are the best shocks I have ever used. It has restored the original handling of my Splash. No more sway & lean in corners anymore. Firm but compliant ride. American made!

Here's a link to check them out!:thumbsup:
    http://store.edelbrock.com/

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. grunt98444

grunt98444 Henry

did the same thing with my '09.
    They were asking like $80 per shock then blew them out at $25 about a year ago. Made big difference in the handling without affecting the ride quality.

4. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

I need new shocks so bad but I can't decide which ones to get.

5. EricFi1

EricFi1 New Member

Bilstein's hold up extremely well..

6. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

I ended up just goin with stock and they actually arnt that bad

7. I could use some new rear shocks. Mine are leaking oil like a bastard lol

8. Racing2Fast

Racing2Fast New Member

lots of suggestions in here i just wanna replace my stock shocks and go for something always being talk here in the forum. now im selecting from Bilstein and edelbrock, so which one is the best from the two? i dont mind the price i am after the performance of these truck parts

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  9. VH5150

VH5150 PLAY FAST, WEAR STRIPES.

I has the IAS's on mine a few years ago, but I was never happy with them. I'm sure on a 2WD, they're fine, but on my 4WD they were crap. I have the Rancho RS9000XLs now, and with the ability to adjust the valving, they work much better for me.
    MikeR

10. 01B3000

01B3000 ORIGINAL Portable Seizure

Id prefer to go Rancho shocks as well, Edelbrock was always an engine company to me really, so why there making shocks is past me.

11. grunt98444

grunt98444 Henry

I also had them on an '88 with 4WD with improved handling and ride quality