door key cores

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Captured Time, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

i have been looking and have not found any thing bout this so im going to ask. has any on changed out the door key core before? if so is it a farly simple job to do? my passenger door is mot waniting to lock/unlock wit the key any more. i am not concernd with the ign core since at some point in time one of the core's where chanced out and i have two keys so i dont need to have the key chiped or any thing i just need it to unlock the door

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I think your best bet is have a locksmith look at it. Sometimes its a minimal fix rather than getting a whole new one and all that.

4. OP
    Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

you know how to take away someone's buzz dont you man haha thanx for the heads up