Diesel???

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by 94lifted4x431s, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

Lol I was born into diesel my father has been in the diesel biz for over 35 years

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Teamexploder

Teamexploder Explorer Member

Anyone wanting to do a diesel swap would be better off trying the 4BT....

4. racsan

racsan exceding the limits....

the three letters that have caused us all isuues.....E--P--A.....the 4bt is a good candidate for a diy swap, lotta work invloved, would be sweet once done.i wish we had a factory diesel available in the states, around 200-250 cubic inch, inline 4, i wouldnt even care if it was non-turbo (because if you have a turbo and it goes, its a expensive part, and a engine setup for a turbo runs absolutly like crap if the turbo has failed!) the mahindra truck that was supposed to come to the states had great promise, really looked good on paper, but due to epa issues and some politics with the manufacturer and distributors, it seems to be a dream that wont become a reality, i just tried logging onto a forum for this truck to get you some specs but for some reason im now banned, not sure if site has been shut down or if my account was hacked & someone did something stupid in my name, heres the link if your intrested or just bored and have time to kill, lol.
    http://mahindratruckforum.com/
    was able to get to the "specs" pdf anyways: http://mahindratruckforum.com/media/mahindra-truck-specs.pdf

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  5. lucaocabuloso

lucaocabuloso New Member

Guys, i'm from Brazil and here the 3.0 powerstroke is pretty usual. It's a good engine, strong and economic. But the 4.0 v6 is stronger and the mainteance easier. If you wanna more information about the diesel engines tell me, here this engine is usual.

6. eastmonsoon

eastmonsoon New Member

What about the Kubota V2203-DI. Looks like an interesting swap.