Did some work on the truck yesterday

Discussion in 'Ranger Media' started by Redneck_ranger, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Well since it was warm out I left school and went home for the day yesterday. I had planned to wash and wax the truck and try the cling tint for my tails. Well those plans changed. I ended up tinting my tails and corners with nightshade and then painted something on the interior. :D Then ended up buffing my buddy's Durango because I made it into a notebook last time we went out muddin. lol So, onto the pics!
    Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Then:
    [​IMG]

Before on the right, after on the left:
    [​IMG]

Everything laying out to dry:
    [​IMG]

Then threw it all back on:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I thought it came out real good. Has that smoked look that I wanted. Now just to do the headlight mod and I'll be golden! :D

Now on to the interior!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've been wanting to do this for a long time now, but haven't gotten around to it.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Looks good, I like it

4. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I was gonna do the dome light too, but I ran out of paint... lol Thanks

5. ob269

ob269 New Member

Looks great Pete.. the tintings not too dark, and the door panels look good =)

6. looks good Pete

7. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

Looks good Pete. What color did you use on the doors?

8. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Lookin good!

9. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Thanks guys. Klinger, I used ruddy brown Krylon primer, Duplicolor Perfect Match of the Torreador red metallic, and then some clear coat.

10. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

Yeah yur lucky you can go to an autoparts store and pick up your paint. I have to have mine mixed.

11. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

What's your paint code? I'll see if my buddy has some at the store.

12. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

K1.... i have searched just about everywhere in a 3 state radius... and online can only get it mixed.... but i can get 4 oz for 10 bucks it's just a hassle going down there and waiting for it to be mixed.....

13. DangerRanger99

DangerRanger99 who wants a v8?

looks good man

14. Achromious

Achromious New Member

I dig the door panels man I've been wondering about that. Keep me posted on how it holds up cause I may be doing this soon

15. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Will do man. This weekend I'm gonna sand the driver's side down and repaint it using primer. The color is a bit different than the passenger side.

16. Achromious

Achromious New Member

Yeah I've been waiting for some time. I want to do that with all the black plastics inside radio bezel etc

17. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I was gonna do the radio bezel, but I'm doing it to the OHC possibly, so I don't want to overkill it...

18. Achromious

Achromious New Member

Ahh yeah I gotcha haha too much of a good thing and all that. Well you've inspired me I think I'll do it. What sanding and coats did you do?

19. Achromious

Achromious New Member

Also how do you get the door trim pieces off? I havent done it before

20. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I put two to three coats of primer on, then the duplicolor for two coats, and then a coat or two of clear.

As for taking the door panel off, there's two screws behind the black part on mine that you have to take off, and then there's clips on the front. Pull the front straight out, and then you'll have all the wires. Disconnect them, pop the switches out, and then take the screws for the black handle on mine out. There's one on each side. Then push on one edge of the handle, and push up on the other. Then you should be good to go. I'm gonna make a how-to on it after I take mine off again.

21. Achromious

Achromious New Member

Sweet thatll be useful. Sadly mine isn't power but I think the only difference is a screw in the manual handle.