Custom tailgate`

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by Brinker88, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

A member on here was interested in my custom tailgate. Its tubing with bushings in the ends. Its an extendable tailgate that locks when you stop pushing/pulling on it but with a quick hard tug, is moveable again

[​IMG]

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. nice tailgate, looks well built!!

4. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

That's really cool. Did you make it yourself?

5. Hurley

also how does it lock/unlock?

6. OP
    Brinker88

"unlocks" by pushing/pulling on it. It actually came with the truck when I bought it.

7. Hurley

That's so cool! I want one!

8. OP
    Brinker88

I've been trying to locate the bushings, but to no avail

9. Hurley

If you find em let me know. I would love to make one just like it.

10. sheldoncooper

sheldoncooper New Member

I am amazed at how creative people can be with their trucks! That is one of the nicest specialty tailgates I have ever seen :) I'm guessing you don't live in a bad neighborhood because you can afford to have it as open as that!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  11. Racing2Fast

Racing2Fast New Member

wow that one looks cool mate. how much did it cost him to make that one for his ford? im planning to make one for myself. i just wanna know the cost and where did he get parts for it. cheers! oppps i forgot to make any introductions.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011