Cruise Button swaps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redneck_ranger, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Alright, so I am going to do a cruise button swap, once my truck gets out of the shop, because mine don't seem to want to cooperate with me. I noticed there was no how-to with this, so I am going to get one going once I finish (if they work of course :D) Anybody have any tips that I can use so I don't screw everything up? lol

Clinton told me the basics of it, and it seems pretty easy to do. The only thing is, I'm a little stumped on how the airbag would come out on the steering wheel. Should it just come out on it's own when I take the screws out of the steering column? That's my only confusion with this. Any tips would be nive though. Thanks guys!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

it should just be plug and play bro

4. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

There are 2 screw covers (one on each side of the steering wheel) pop those out & you'll get to the screws holding the airbag in place.

WARNING: when loosening or tightening the screws the horn will blow. This scared the crap outta me when I did mine. :eek:

When the 2 screws are out, gently pull the airbag out where you can find the 2 bolts per cruise toggle. Remove them & carefully unplug the connectors & replace them one at a time. Reinstall the airbag & screw caps & you're done.

The airbag basically has 2 metal tabs that are held onto the wheel via the 2 screws. Remove the 2 screws & the entire airbag lifts out.

5. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Lmao @ the horn thing lol I'm gonna disconnect the battery, for sure lol I don't want that damn airbag going off on me haha

6. pooleo

pooleo New Member

Be very cautious of the plug on the cruise pods. You have to lift up and pull out. I have ripped the wires out of the plug once :(

7. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I'll definitely keep this in mind.