Cranking torsion bars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Freemans 00, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

Ok few questions for my job tomorrow. Do I have to have the truck on jack stands or does it make it easier to twist the bolts? Should I go an inch above what I want because I heard that from somewhere before I guess it's supposed give it enought to settle back down after the alignment and riding. I'll also be experimenting with my fender flares too pics will come if it works out

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Just measure it however many inches you want to raise it, no need to go over. Measure the space from the wheel wells. Have the truck up on jack stands. There won't be any load on the suspension then.

4. measure before any cranking , just incase you need to go back to stock ride height you will know what that is then

5. OP
    Freemans 00

ok so I gotta run down grab my uncles jack and stands and hopefully it wont rain or Im going to be crammed in the garage

6. Go get some at HFT lol they're cheap and sturdy.

7. OP
    Freemans 00

or drive down the street and spend no money

8. OP
    Freemans 00

how can I mark it lol its a bolt

9. so how did it go? never heard back or seen pics yet...

I am going to do this tomorrow

10. GET AN ALIGNMENT AFTER!!!!!!! lol

11. yeah I am going to make an apt. for an alignment for either tomorrow afternoon or the next day