Clutch

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Freemans 00, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

My clutch feels a little weird. Ill explain. I step on clutch sometimes its rough (thats what she said) and some times its soft. anyways it does this every now and then and you have to almost completely let out before the truck grabs. I dont drive it like and idiot: burning, riding the clutch burn outs or anything shes my baby and i dont kill babys. So what could be wrong. I just want to know how long it has im making a big trip soon and dont want to end on the side of the road in between the destinations.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. greenmachine2000

greenmachine2000 New Member

you have anything leaking?

4. OP
    Freemans 00

no everythings fine and normal but the feeling like today it was stiff lol. /i guess a 12 year old truck will have seizures or strokes every now and then

5. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

How many miles on the truck/clutch? Sounds like its starting to slip.

6. OP
    Freemans 00

63k its been doing this for half a year now I just never worried about it